I’ve had the pleasure to speak with Greg (Grigory) Rybalchenko about DAOs, DeFi, and the future of blockchain. Greg’s work is remarkable. He is one of the people building web3 and he is doing so with a great emphasis on interoperability, meaning he is trying to bridge blockchains together.
DAOs are Decentralized Autonomous Organizations. DeFi is Decentralized Finance. DAOs and DeFi are technological innovations that allow people to enter into contracts and exchange services and money in the form of traceable tokens in a blockchain.
Greg is a Russian entrepreneur living in Dubai. I believe he has an interesting approach to innovation, combining his entrepreneurial personality with his tech and institutional background.
We talked about his different projects and about his way of thinking, how he structures his plans and teams to bring his ideas to life. He and his team have developed a decentralized autonomous organization (DAO) framework where people can enter into contracts and monetize them using blockchain, smart contract technology.
Enjoy this 40 minute talk, ideal for people interested in web3, DAOs, NFTs, entrepreneurship and innovation.
Greg’s main projects are EMISWAP, “an audited cross-chain AMM with higher rewards for LPs than on any other DEX” and EMIDAO, which will be launching in Q2-2022.
Some of the most interesting ideas I got from this conversation were:
- Web3 and blockchain are developing faster than any corporation.
- Blockchain is still very early and new frameworks are being built every day.
- There is great potential in bridging frameworks together. A current example is Cross-Chain Swaps, which allow cross-blockchain exchanges.
- The future of blockchain is interoperability. Which is yet another simile drawn to the early stage of personal computers.
- DAOs empower communities to interact in new productive ways. The potential is significant, considering only early adopters are using them and the technology is still being optimized.
- One of the ways to use DAOs is to create liquidity (raise funds) by the issuance of private tokens, which in a new sense, represent ownership.
- DAOs are agnostic to nations and cultures. Although they can be used by any type of community.
- DAOs are formal and many frameworks are looking to provide institutional accountability. This is both to attract institutions as well as a result of institutional money and talent coming into the space.
We will be covering Crypto and Blockchain this year full force. We will keep talking to leaders in the space and attending several conferences in the space. For more info please subscribe to the Digitalist Hub Network here.
JD Rico is the founder of Holistics and Partner and Editor of the Digitalist Hub. He is a researcher and entrepreneur in the topics of Business Intelligence, Digital Media and Venture Capital. He holds degrees in Anthropology (BA), Economics (BSc), Project Management- Innovation (MSc), Cultural Studies (Min) and Artificial Intelligence Product and Service Design (Cert.). He serves at the board of companies in Emerging Tech, Wellness, Food Tech and Cultural Impact. He writes Cap∙Hackers, a newsletter for 33,000 business owners and investors.